Our project is approaching the end of its then three year learning journey. Together, we have set out to discover New Paths to InclUsion in the ways we think about and deliver person-centred support in organisations, build inclusive communities and co-create inclusive spaces of learning. The highlight of the past six months have been the three inclusive Multiplication Course Modules we have created and documented. The design of these events, which will be available to you with the launch of our Online Knowledge Centre at the final conference on 4 November in Vienna, have followed the idea of Mini U-Labs. In following the three movements of the U,we have tried to create learning spaces which would incorporate three forms of multiplication:
- We have tried to give participants the opportunity to immerse themselves into each of the subjects and thus multiply the different forms and sources of explicit and tacit knowledge and learning (Sensing).
- We have tried to give participants the opportunity to reflect, share and make sense of what they have learned and thus multiply the shared sense of deeper individual and organizational aspirations and purpose (Presencing).
- We have tried to give participants the opportunity to actively create ideas for prototype initiatives they truly want to commit to and thus multiply the cross fertilization of ideas leading to real action (Realizing).
In our Newsletter, you will find a range of examples of how our learning has been and is leading to changes in (organisational) practice and the lives of people with disabilities. Also you will find a great article written by John O`Brien, which shows, in easy language how Theory-U and person-centred planning can support in changing services for people with disabilities. But most importantly we want to invite you for a real dialogue at our final events taking place from 4t – 7t of November 2015 in Vienna and 19 November in Brussels. As a participant, you can:
- experience an event that is in itself designed as an Inclusive Space of Learning,
- be challenged and inspired by a presentations by John O`Brien and listen to a range of stories from various partners of our Network,
- participate in a variety of Theory-U inspired forms of exchange and dialogue,
- meet many activists and change makers from across Europe who are interested in co-creating New Paths to Inclusion,
- think with us to further co-create Platforms for Inclusion and Change.
- witness the launch and presentation of our Online-Knowledge Platform (a one stop online portal on Person-centred planning, Community Inclusion and Organisational Change and Transformation, with a range of background informations, tools, stories & learning materials in various European languages
- influence European Union policy-making, and promote person-centred planning and independent-living in an event at the European Parliament
Enjoy our Newsletter and see you in Vienna and Brussels!